If you are looking to have a long-term, established position at Project Consent, you've come to the right place! We are constantly seeking driven contributors to keep our campaign thriving and none of this is possible without the dedication of our motivated staff. That being said, we encourage anyone who is interested in making a difference to consider employment with Project Consent. You don't need prior experience (although it is recommended!) in term of activism work. All we are seeking from our applicants is commitment, communication, and creativity.
THE GENERAL BASICS OF APPLYING
- We're always looking to add qualified members to our staff team! A few of the main duties of being a staff member include availability: we're expecting 3-5 hours a week, so think of this like that internship you've been angling after. We're also very committed to our cause here at Project Consent, and we ask that you mirror that same passion in your application and work. We are only able to thrive due to the tireless work of our staff so we definitely expect a continued interest in our cause.
- We're not the type of organization to hold your hand through each and every assignment. We're looking for people who feel comfortable taking initiative and being leaders within their own community as well as on the team. Creativity and innovation is a huge key to our success and we want everyone to feel comfortable enough on our team. While all of us regularly check in with each other on ideas and progress, we want people who can take a lead of their own without the constant nagging on our part.
- Additionally, organization is very important to us, as is communication. As a member of head staff, you'd be working remotely, so communication and adherence to deadlines is incredibly important. We have a very simple rule regarding organization at Project Consent: You are responsible for your own work schedule. We're not here to treat you like children and as a result, we fully expect you to do what works best for you regarding your work availability. Just keep us updated and keep contributing to our work, and it'll be swell!
- We're looking for kind people — we have zero tolerance for any sort of harassment or bullying here at Project Consent, and we're also looking for dedicated people to stay on with our staff for the long run. We cannot stress the importance of respect within our community. In order to work for Project Consent, we ask that you be mature, compassionate, and polite when dealing with sensitive work. Furthermore, please be willing to interact with your fellow co-workers! We want this to be a friendly and supportive environment for everyone involved.
- Lastly, for all positions, flexibility is a must! We have representatives from all over the globe, ensuring that someone will always be awake to bounce ideas off of. We understand that you have other commitments in your life but we expect you to be able to contribute regularly to our work. If an emergency arises, we completely understand that that takes precedence over your assignment, but just communicate with us and we can definitely work something out.
Our graphic designer will be responsible for curating Project Consent's overall visual aesthetic. Responsibilities will include campaign design, social media graphics, and merchandise design. A thorough understanding of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator is required for this position.
To apply for this position, email the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- A sample graphic based on one of our posts on Twitter or Instagram. Take a quote or catchphrase used on one of our designs and put your own spin on it. We're looking for your unique design style, so don't be afraid to show your flair!
Please note positions are unpaid, although college credit is available upon request.